Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Welcome and stuff

I figure I should start by explaining what this blog is, and isn't.

I have a personal blog over on the LJ. It's a pretty scatter shot affair, with stupid quizzes, short blurbs about my personal life, and some half to three quarters baked ranting on issues having to do with pop-culture and politics. It is also primarily friends-locked, which means if you want to read something, you have to get a (free) account and then drop me a line so I can add you to my friends list (If you know me personally and want the scoop on more of the day-to day life of Kelly stuff, you're going to get more of it there). I also have a cooking blog called More Cupcakes that is entirely made up of recipes and pictures of food I've made (cooking is my number one hobby).

This blog is going to be less frequent (more a few times a week than every day), and will hopefully take the half-baked stuff on my private blog, and turn it into three-quarters to al dente here. I'm a fairly politically active liberal feminist, who works in the public mental health field. I work with some of the more vulnerable populations in my area. I'm also intrigued by issues around class, as I am a white collar professional (who belongs to a union) raised by a blue collar family. Not to mention a pop-culture junkie who is equally happy watching foreign or avant garde films and documentaries as I am watching Gossip Girl or Talladega Nights.

So, welcome to my little corner of the blog-y-thingy.

1 comment: